Sunday 6 March 2016

Get rid of the monster: Depression


God has created us so beautifully, gave us life, sent us to the world and then blessed us with uncountable things, but our journey in this world is not reason-less. Every person has some aims and desires but they can’t be fulfilled so easily because life is not easy at all and not exactly the same we imagine it to be. It has many ups and downs and usually the incidents and changings in our life are so unexpected that our minds can never believe how it has happened. Sometimes the life puts us into such types of situations that we become hopeless, sad, restless, lonely, empty and lifeless. Actually we become depressed and that depression which is actually a monster will ruin our lives.

Depression can be described as inability to enjoy life and experience pleasure. It is basically related to your mood. You always feel sad and angry, every little thing hurts you so deeply, you start thinking negatively and you hate people. You feel that all the time you are surrounded by devils and you can’t get relief from them. When people are depress they us live alone, can’t be frank with anyone and become hopeless.

People go into deep depression because of many reasons which can be loneliness, being ignored by someone, when they lose their loved ones, stressful life experiences, relationship problems, unemployment, when someone break their trust, health problems, by knowing painful family history, being rejected by someone, financial problems, people who are somehow abused, when you miss someone and many more other reasons.

People also get depressed because of fear of low grades in exams. Most of the students who studies well but aren’t able to perform good in exams or if their result is unexpected they become discouraged because of their failure and if their parents scold them and their friends make fun of them they start thinking that they are good for noting and becomes the victim of depression. You might have noticed that usually in the season of winters people also become depressed. A child who has lost his parents can become deeply depressed because he will feel bad whenever he will see other children being loved by their parents, he will feel rejection and thinks that he has many desires which will not be fulfilled without his parents so these type of children will constantly be grabbed by the monster of depression.  

People who suffer depression get tired of their life. They don’t like to laugh and enjoy life. They cry without any reason and lose their appetite. They start hating people and fights with them on little misunderstandings. Basically they get fed up of life and always think negatively about others. Life actually becomes a burden for them.

Here I am going to share my personal experience. I once lived alone in my house for about one year without my family because of my studies. In this whole time  period I became a victim of depression because I was all alone in my room and there was no one who can talk to me, make me laugh, cook food for me and makes me feel alive. All the time I just had to do my studies and then “nothing” which made me feel so lonely and lazy, then I started getting irritated from my surroundings including people. I became rude, I started hating my friends, and I used to fight with them on silly and stupid issues and always thought negatively in a way that my friends had done this or said that only to hurt me ignoring all the things they had done for me. I became insomniac and used to cry whole night. I started thinking that all people are selfish and if I live in this situation any more I will die soon. I started losing aims of my life and became hopeless and discouraged.


But where there is a problem there is solution too. Life is beautiful, it is not all about worries and difficulties. The support of Allah Almighty is always with us. If there are problems in our life God gives us numerous more opportunities to lead towards a happy, satisfied and balanced life. So we should never lose hope and always try to find out the better ways to live a happy life.

Gradually I started noticing that all the people around me are happy and fine. They laugh, eat, sleep well and enjoy life, so there is something definitely wrong only with me because all these people aren’t different from me, they have all those facilitates which I also have and they obviously should have problems in their life because Life is not a bed of roses for anyone. This feeling gave me little courage to get rid of that hell depression.

So I will discuss some changings that I made in my life that helped be got rid of depression. I started reciting Quran and praying five times a day which filled my heart with peace and satisfaction. Moreover Now whenever I get messed up with friends or get hurt, I try to remind myself of their good deeds as how they always helped me in my hard times, how they consoled me whenever I was depressed, how they tried to bring positivity in me by giving me hope, how they tried to make me laugh whenever I was crying, so this let me fight against the negative thoughts. I also started listening lectures of Ulmah karaam which taught me the lesson of living peacefully and doing good deeds. Also now I keep myself always busy and do not let the negative thoughts reside inside me once again.  Then finally a time came when I met with my family once again and started feeling alive and blessed. But all I learned from this experience is that existence of your loved ones in your life is very important because they are actually the people who want you to live happy and become successful. Secondly compromises in life matters a lot because people in this world are selfish and mean they won’t understand your problems they will be nice to you as long as you are nice to them so try to do compromises with them.

You can also get rid of depression by involving yourself in different activities always try to become a part of any community work or participate in different school or college competitions, try to read good books, do part time job to keep yourself away from negative thoughts and help others. Moreover sleep well, eat healthy food and have fun with friends because all these things will keep you away from stress and worries.


Above all do remember that Allah is always with you. He is the one who will never leave you alone in your problems because you are one of His beautiful creation and He loves you more than seventy mothers. So, those who have lost their loved ones should never be depressed because Allah is always with them and you just have to strongly believe in Him, prostrate in front of Him, offer prayers and then leave everything upon Allah Almighty then you will see how your life changes significantly. Moreover try to spend your time with nature believe me you will forget all your worries and will surely feel fresh and alive because you will find the greatness of Allah everywhere and you will be thankful to Allah for granting you with such beautiful things.

So this is all about how you can get rid of the monster (The depression). All you have to do is to find the ways of happiness, satisfaction and peace because God has sent us to the world with an aim, try to find out who you are? What is your purpose of life? Try to embrace health, try to free your mind from all the worries of life you will feel great.



1 comment:

  1. Very informative blog. I was searching for something like this. your blog helped me a lot. Thank you so much for sharing. natural factors stress relax

    ReplyDelete